We are hiring
We are looking for a full stack developer who will be responsible for designing and implementing new features of Hoverfly open source, commercial (SaaS & cloud native platform) versions. Some upgrade and maintenance work will be required on the existing code base. This is a great opportunity to grow into a lead development role, working with Kubernetes, Terraform and Spring Cloud in both open source and commercial environments. Experience of services (microservices, SOA) is critical and knowledge of all types of service virtualization will be highly beneficial. The role will include all aspects of developing the Hoverfly applications including working with customers to identify improvements and enhancements to the product. This will include doing presentations and demos. Participation in public forums and events is encouraged. We expect that the person who joins will grow into the role and see it as an opportunity to develop their career and personal skills and to make a significant contribution as part of a small and dynamic team.
- Develop new product features, contribute to future product direction and development strategy, maintain and extend existing code in Hoverfly, the Hoverfly agent and Hoverfly Cloud
- Working with customers and users to identify improvements and enhancements to Hoverfly
- Write tested and documented code
- Respond to Github issues raised by Hoverfly end-users politely and constructively
- Participate in the team, mentor junior developers and support remote developers
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Java, Spring Boot and Microservices
- Ability to work and be effective in a small Agile/DevOps team be self-directed, motivated and keen to work in an Agile startup environment
- Experience of high-performance multi-threaded application development
- Relational and NOSQL databases
- GitHub and CircleCI, or equivalent
- Go is highly desirable
- Contributor to Open Source Projects
- Understanding of developing software for Cloud Native environments
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and Ansible
- Experience developing on popular cloud platforms including Google Cloud Platform, AWS, and Azure
- Microservice testing and service virtualization
- Messaging systems and protocols; Serverless development
- A TDD and BDD practitioner
To apply send a covering email and your resumé to email@example.com.
Direct applications only — no recruiters at this time.